In this post, I would like to provide a critical review of CyberpowerPC’s Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC. What is a critical review? Well it’s not exactly all criticism. I am going to be providing an in-depth review highlighting this PC’s benefits and challenges. The primary focus of this review (as with all my reviews on PCs) is to answer the question, is this a good gaming PC?
Yes, this computer would be a good gaming PC for several reasons.
Pros: CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC
- Processor: The Intel Core i7-12700F processor is a high-performance CPU with 8+4 cores, meaning it has 8 high-performance cores and 4 energy-efficient cores. This processor can handle demanding games and multitasking with ease.
- Graphics: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB Video Card is a powerful GPU that can handle most modern games at high settings and resolutions (see review of RTX 3060 card here). This graphics card is also capable of real-time ray tracing, which can enhance the visual quality of games that support this feature.
- Storage: The 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD provides fast and responsive storage, allowing games to load quickly and reducing loading times.
- Memory: The 16GB DDR4 RAM provides enough memory for most games and ensures that the system can run multiple applications simultaneously without slowing down.
- Connectivity: The computer has 802.11AC Wi-Fi and a 10/100/1000 Ethernet port, providing fast and reliable internet connectivity for online gaming.
- Case: The tempered glass side case panel and custom RGB case lighting can enhance the aesthetics of the system, making it more visually appealing.
Overall, this PC has a powerful CPU and GPU, fast storage, ample memory, and reliable connectivity, making it well-suited for demanding games and multitasking. Additionally, the case design and RGB lighting make it a visually appealing option for gamers who want their setup to look good as well as perform well.
Downsides of CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC
While this PC has several high-end components that make it well-suited for gaming, there are a few potential downsides to consider:
- Cost: The high-end components in this PC can make it relatively expensive, which may not be ideal for those on a tight budget.
- Availability: Due to the current global shortage of computer components, it may be difficult to find this PC in stock or at a reasonable price.
- Upgradeability: The custom RGB lighting and tempered glass side panel may limit the upgradeability of the PC, as it may be difficult to add or replace components in the future without affecting the aesthetic appeal of the system.
- Cooling: High-performance components generate a lot of heat, and while this computer has a tempered glass side panel and custom RGB lighting that can enhance the aesthetic appeal of the system, it may impact the cooling capacity and potentially result in higher temperatures that could reduce the lifespan of the components.
- Noise: High-performance components can also generate a lot of noise due to the fans required to keep them cool. This computer does not specify the type or number of fans included, so it is possible that it may be relatively noisy during use.
Overall, while the computer you described has several high-end components that make it a good gaming PC, it is important to consider the potential downsides, such as cost, availability, upgradeability, cooling, and noise, before making a purchase decision.