The purpose of this article is to discuss the Dell XPS bulging battery issue and how to replace the battery. This article applies to Dell XPS with model numbers:
- Dell XPS 15 9550
- Dell XPS 15 9560
- Dell XPS 15 9570
Before conducting any of these steps, make sure to read our disclaimer.
Also, please read the warning labels on the service manual from XPS 15 Service Manual | Dell US.
Buy a Battery for a Dell XPS on Amazon.com
The battery below will work for Dell XPS 15 with model numbers: 9550, 9560, 9570, and 7590. Use this battery to replace a Dell XPS Bulging Battery.
Steps to Replace Battery on Dell XPS 15
- Step 1: Remove the AC adapter from the laptop
- Step 2: Remove all the screws from the bottom cover and take it off
- Step 3: Disconnect the battery cable from the battery to the motherboard
- Step 4: Remove the screws holding in the battery
- Step 5: Turn the laptop over and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to clear the power from the laptop.
- Step 6: Replace the battery
- Step 7: Reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard
- Step 8: Screw the battery into place
- Step 9: Screw the cover back on
- Step 10: Plug in the laptop to charge the battery and turn it on
View our other battery replacement guides: