The purpose of this article is to share how to fix the NVIDIA error 0x0003. This error message comes from NVIDIA GeForce Experience and alerts us that ‘Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003’. The error is depicted below.
This error code can apply to NVIDIA’s most recent GeForce RTX 30x series graphics cards as well as legacy video cards.
NVIDIA does not have errors like this often but when they do the fix is simple, like with fixing NVIDIA’s error code 43. This error likely results from a corrupted file somewhere in your NVIDIA folder due to a Windows update. In order to fix the issue, you will need to restart using your graphics card specific drivers, which can be found on NVIDIA’s website. I have provided the steps on resolving this issue below along with screenshots below that which detail the steps.
Fix the NVIDIA error 0x0003:
- Go to https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Fill out your graphics card information. Press the ‘Search’ button.
- Download the GeForce Game Ready Driver.
- Specify the file path for the driver downloads.
- When the install console pops up, select ‘NVIDIA Graphics Driver and GeForce Experience’. Press Agree and Continue.
- Select Custom (Advanced) install.
- Check the box to ‘Perform a clean install’. Press next. This will begin the installation process by shutting down services and removing old files.
- The install process will restart your computer.
- When your computer starts back up, the installation process has finished. You will be prompted with the NVIDIA GeForce Experience console. You will now launch GeForce Experience and will be asked to login with your NVIDIA credentials.