Replacing RAM in a Lenovo IdeaPad 530S-14IKB can be done by following these steps:
- Power off the laptop and unplug it from the power source.
- Locate the RAM module compartment on the bottom of the laptop.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws securing the RAM module compartment cover.
- Remove the cover to expose the RAM module(s).
- Press down on the clips on either side of the RAM module(s) to release them from their slots.
- Gently pull the RAM module(s) out of their slots.
- Take the new RAM module(s) and align the notches on the module with the notches on the slot.
- Press down on the module(s) until the clips on either side click into place.
- Replace the RAM module compartment cover and secure it with the screws.
- Power on the laptop and verify that the new RAM is being detected.
Note: Before replacing RAM, it is recommended to refer to the laptop’s user manual for specific instructions and safety precautions. Additionally, it is important to purchase compatible RAM for your specific laptop model and to ensure that the new RAM is the same type and speed as the existing RAM module(s).
Where to Buy RAM for a Lenovo IdeaPad 530S-14IKB?
These two RAM options will work for your Lenovo IdeaPad 530S-14IKB. I provided by an 8GB option and a 16GB option.