In this article I will provide my review of the Skytech Siege 4 and how it performs against Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty. Please note the specific SKU being reviewed is ST-SIEGE4-0534-B-SK (below).
Skytech Siege 4 vs Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
In order to understand how the Skytech Siege 4 would perform against Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty we must look at its system requirements. Steam lists the following:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- Processor: Core i7-12700 or Ryzen 7 7800X3D
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER or Radeon RX 5700 XT or Arc A770
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 35 GB available space
When we look at system requirements of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, and compare it against the hardware in the Skytech Siege 4, we can see that the Siege 4 meets or exceeds the PC requirements. First, we’ll take a look at the processor.
Comparing the Intel Core i5-13600K to the Intel Core i7-12700 involves looking at various aspects such as architecture, core/thread count, clock speeds, cache, power consumption, and supported technologies:
- i5-13600K: Belongs to the Alder Lake architecture, featuring a hybrid design with both performance and efficient cores (P-cores and E-cores).
- i7-12700: Also belongs to the Alder Lake architecture, utilizing a similar hybrid design with P-cores and E-cores.
Core and Threads:
- i5-13600K: It has a total of 14 cores (6 P-cores + 8 E-cores) and 20 threads.
- i7-12700: Offers a higher core count with 12 P-cores and 4 E-cores, totaling 16 cores and 24 threads.
- i5-13600K: It has impressive clock speeds with a max turbo frequency of 5.3 GHz (for single-core boost), 5.10 GHz for performance cores, and 3.90 GHz for efficient cores.
- i7-12700: The max turbo frequency for the i7-12700 might vary slightly, but it generally offers high clock speeds, though specifics can vary based on the specific variant.
- i5-13600K: Comes with 24 MB of Intel® Smart Cache (20 MB L2 cache).
- i7-12700: Tends to have a larger cache than the i5, though the specific cache size can vary between different models within the i7-12700 series.
- i5-13600K: Has a processor base power of 125 W and a maximum turbo power of 181 W.
- i7-12700: Tends to have higher power consumption compared to the i5 series due to its higher core count, but exact power ratings can vary between different models within the i7-12700 series.
Technology and Features:
- Both processors are part of the Alder Lake architecture, offering similar technology support, improvements in instructions per clock, DDR5 memory compatibility, PCIe 5.0 support, and enhanced power efficiency due to the hybrid architecture.
In summary, the i7-12700 generally offers a higher core count and potentially larger cache size, which might result in better multi-threaded performance but could consume more power. The specific use case and needs of the user would determine which processor would be more suitable for their requirements. However, the technology features of the 13th generation processor may make up for the raw speeds of the 12th generation i7-12700.
The graphics card listed in the pc requirements for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is indeed the Intel A770. The Intel A770 in the Skytech Siege 4 has 16GB VRAM and will perform well for the game. You should expect 50-70 FPS with good graphics settings using the Intel A770. You can find a video of gameplay using the A770 here with the Intel Arc A770. Many have previously complained about driver issues, but Intel has since come a long way in getting those driver-issues cleaned up. It’s by no means comparable to NVIDIA’s GeForce driver-set yet, but you should not see any issues with your gameplay on Cyberpunk 2077.
M2 SSD Review
The Skytech Siege 4 showcases an advanced 1TB NVMe SSD, representing a cutting-edge leap in storage technology. NVMe significantly enhances data retrieval speeds, boasting six times the performance of traditional SSDs. Its expansive 1TB storage capacity excellently meets the requirements of modern gaming, accommodating multiple contemporary games effortlessly. Moreover, it allows potential future storage expansion when necessary.
Given the propensity of gamers to accumulate substantial media content like streaming files, assorted games, photos, and extensive data over time, I suggest considering an external hard drive. Specifically, the Buffalo LinkStation stands out with its generous 2TB storage capacity, accomplished through RAID 1 drive mirroring. This configuration ensures data redundancy and provides a combined total of 4TB of RAW storage.
The Skytech Siege 4 boasts an impressive 32GB of DDR5 5200MHz RAM, representing a remarkable quantity of high-speed memory, especially for a game like Cyberpunk 2077: Liberty Phantom, which recommends only 16GB of RAM. While this RAM setup may seem excessive for that specific game, it establishes a strong foundation for upcoming titles like Hogwarts that demand a significant amount of RAM for optimal performance. This generous RAM allocation ensures smooth multitasking capabilities, allowing seamless streaming, music playback, web browsing, gaming with Cyberpunk 2077: Liberty Phantom, and handling various tasks simultaneously, all without encountering any performance issues related to limited RAM capacity.
I believe the Skytech Siege 4 serves as an excellent choice for playing Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Yet, considering the combination of the graphics card and processor, I recommend sticking to 1080P and 1440P resolutions with this prebuilt PC. Despite this limitation, the system is capable of providing a satisfying gaming experience for modern AAA titles, including Cyberpunk 2077: Liberty Phantom, over the next five years.